All Ka ‘Ohā students are part of Kanu o ka ‘Āina Public Charter School and are required to follow all school policies:
- Students are required to meet State Department of Health requirements for enrollment into public school.
- Students are required to complete school-wide and statewide assessments, including assessments that need to be completed onsite, at a testing location on each island.
- Students must have access to reliable and consistent high-speed internet.
- Students must have access to a personal computer.
- In order to assure that the online/blended learning environment is appropriate for your child, student must maintain minimum grades of 70% or above in each subject.
- Students are expected to attend Lā Hoʻolako weekly.
A responsible adult (usually a parent) must be designated as the student’s learning coach. This person will be responsible for monitoring the student’s progress daily and communicating with the student’s instructor/mentor consistently.